Services for Homebound
MORE MD provides service for the homebound patients in Memory Care Units, Assisted and Independent Living facilities, and private homes..
Homebound doesn’t mean the patient is necessarily “bed bound” but under Medicare guidelines, it states that the patient cannot leave the home without a “considerable taxing effort.” Some examples include but are not limited to:
- Requires the use of special transportation
- Needs the assistance of another person to travel
- Requires the aid of supportive devices such as canes, wheelchairs, and walkers
- Have a condition such that leaving his/her home is medically contraindicated
- Leaving the home causes a considerable taxing effort
We Can Come to You
MORE MD employs physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician's Assistants that will come to you or your loved ones who are homebound, eliminating traffic, waiting rooms, and the need to miss work.
MORE MD partners with specialists such as psychologists and podiatrists that will help care for the residents. MORE MD works closely with laboratories (to perform blood work) and radiology companies (to perform imaging studies such as X-Rays and Ultrasound scans), as well as home health companies to provide physical and occupational therapy, wound care, speech therapy and intravenous antibiotics if clinically indicated. We look forward to delivering our medical services in the comfort of your home!